Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Current space' in the ‘Create from Template’ Macro is not available

Hans Tubbax July 26, 2020

Though the field 'Space key' states clearly 'Leave blank to default to the current space.' , the field is mandatory and can't be left blank.

Please restore this in order that you can leave it blank again and use global templates. (This used to work in the past)

image.png

5 answers

3 votes
kioobee July 21, 2021

I absolutely need this also, i want to use nested template to structure how pages are populated in a space, and this is impossible without this. Why does it seem so complicated to fix ? 

3 votes
Lissa Meade March 29, 2021

I'm frustrated that the ability to clear the "space" field is is no longer an option. Please re-allow. Or better yet, let us use Current Space or @self finally.

1 vote
Fabian Hußl November 24, 2020

This is a huge problem. We cannot use the macro in a Template. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-35291 

0 votes
Pong Bautista March 19, 2024

So annoying that this was not sorted out if it was stemming from a bug. They could have used an @AlL or @current or something.  And to think this is a paid subscription. 

Lissa Meade March 19, 2024

There has been a fix, at least in my Confluence Cloud instance. You just have to set the space to whatever in order to add it to the template, then when you actually create a page from the template it will update the space key to the one you are currently in. Does it work for you as well?

0 votes
Robert May 12, 2023

Like many other things in Confluence, this is something I would say was obvious to have.

We have multiple customers in different spaces, and if we add a new customer space we have to customize macros manually on every page instead of having something dynamic like "current space". If we have to customize our macros each time we add a space, what's even the point of the macro?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events