Curly Brackets for Monospace Text

Deleted user December 14, 2017

After we got a notification that our cloud confluence was upgraded, the markdown for inline monospace stopped working. I used to be able to use {{test}} to make that word monospaced. Is this gone for good?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

Hi David,

With the new editor, monospace is done with backticks. Example:

`this will display as monospace text`

A few other changes are included in the new editor so please click the question mark in the top-right to review the new formatting and any shortcut changes:

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 4.07.49 PM.png

I hope this is clear but do let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Deleted user December 14, 2017

Sweet!

Thanks for the help!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

No problem, David!

Take care.

Kind regards,

Shannon

yerkan January 12, 2018

For some reason the backticks don't work when the first backtick is preceded by an opening parenthesis. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2018

@yerkan,

You can try typing ( SPACE `monospace text` and then go back and remove the space, or use the keyboard shortcuts instead:

• Command + Shift + M (Mac)
  • Control + Shift + M (PC) 

I believe that this is probably expected behavior, but I am verifying with the developers to be sure.

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2018

Hi Yagiz,

I did receive verification that without putting a space before the first back-tick that the monospace will indeed not work. So you will need to pad your monospace text with spaces, or use the keyboard shortcut.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Shannon

yerkan January 15, 2018

Thank you, Shannon. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events