Crowd disable

Naman Mandli June 30, 2016

I am not connected/using CROWD respository.

And still I can see all user related activity is in cwd_* tables.

What should I do to disable it and use LDAP?

In atlassian-user.xml, I have this entry:

<osuser key="osuserRepository" name="OSUser Repository"/> and everything else is in comment.

I have osuser.xml from my previous version which has  <provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.ldap.LDAPCredentialsProvider"> ........</provider>

What should I do to change my configuration and set the user authentication to LDAP. I have configured LDAP and users can login.

2 answers

0 votes

I have all my user details in os_user and group details in os_group table.

Why I can see them when I logged in as admin?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

You don't disable it, think of the CWD tables as being caches (it's not quite right, but it's good enough for now)

You do not need to mess with xml files to set up Confluence to use LDAP - go to the user directories and add the LDAP server in there.

I have all my user details in os_user and group details in os_group table.

Why I can see them when I logged in as admin?

What is the reason behind this Warnings when I restart my server?

016-06-30 14:45:06,664 WARN [Spring executor 6] [gadgets.publisher.internal.PluginGadgetFinder] warn Gadget spec PluginGadgetSpec{plugin=com.atlassian.streams.confluence, location='gadgets/conf-activitystream-gadget.xml'} could not be added to plugin-provided gadget spec store, ignoring

2016-06-30 14:45:07,479 WARN [Spring executor 8] [org.apache.shindig.gadgets] loadResource Could not find resource: features/atlassian/util/atlassian.util.opt.js
2016-06-30 14:45:07,485 WARN [Spring executor 8] [org.apache.shindig.gadgets] loadResource Could not find resource: com/google/caja/plugin/html-sanitizer-minified.opt.js
2016-06-30 14:45:07,486 WARN [Spring executor 8] [org.apache.shindig.gadgets] loadResource Could not find resource: com/google/caja/plugin/html-sanitizer-minified.js
-2016-06-30 14:45:09,447 WARN [TP-Processor2] [descriptor.web.conditions.SystemAdministratorOrSuperUserCondition] <init> SystemAdministratorOrSuperUserCondition has been deprecated since Confluence 3.5. Please use com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.conditions.SystemAdministratorCondition instead.
2016-06-30 14:45:12,564 INFO [TP-Processor2] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] init Plugin system started in 0:00:48.472
2016-06-30 14:46:37,280 INFO [TP-Processor8] [confluence.user.crowd.EmbeddedCrowdBootstrap] ensureInternalDirectoryExists Created default internal directory: com.atlassian.crowd.model.directory.DirectoryImpl@71b87cd4[lowerName=confluence internal directory,description=Confluence default internal directory,type=INTERNAL,implementationClass=com.atlassian.crowd.directory.InternalDirectory,allowedOperations=[UPDATE_USER, CREATE_GROUP, DELETE_GROUP, DELETE_ROLE, UPDATE_GROUP_ATTRIBUTE, UPDATE_ROLE, UPDATE_ROLE_ATTRIBUTE, UPDATE_GROUP, CREATE_USER, CREATE_ROLE, DELETE_USER, UPDATE_USER_ATTRIBUTE],attributes={user_encryption_method=atlassian-security}]
2016-06-30 14:46:39,646 INFO [TP-Processor8] [atlassian.confluence.status.SystemErrorInformationLogger] writeToLog

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

It looks like you've enabled something that's deprecated - you said earlier you copied something from an old install - don't do that.  Get this one to work first, then you can look at the differences.

os_ tables are a hangover from older user systems, you can ignore them - the internal directory (and caches) are in the cwd_ tables now.

Thank you for response, Then why I am getting this error while server startup.

2016-06-30 16:57:34,198 ERROR [TP-Processor2] [crowd.directory.loader.DbCachingRemoteDirectoryInstanceLoaderImpl] getNewDirectory Could not add a monitor for the directory with id: 65538
com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.monitor.DirectoryMonitorRegistrationException: org.quartz.ObjectAlreadyExistsException: Unable to store Job with name: '65538' and group: 'DirectoryPoller', because one already exists with this identification.
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.monitor.poller.AbstractQuartzDirectoryPollerManager.addPoller(AbstractQuartzDirectoryPollerManager.java:29)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.monitor.DirectoryMonitorManagerImpl.addMonitor(DirectoryMonitorManagerImpl.java:60)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.loader.DbCachingRemoteDirectoryInstanceLoaderImpl.getNewDirectory(DbCachingRemoteDirectoryInstanceLoaderImpl.java:97)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.loader.CachingDirectoryInstanceLoader.getDirectory(CachingDirectoryInstanceLoader.java:41)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.loader.DelegatingDirectoryInstanceLoader.getDirectory(DelegatingDirectoryInstanceLoader.java:70)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectoryManagerGeneric.getDirectoryImplementation(DirectoryManagerGeneric.java:271)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectoryManagerGeneric.findUserByName(DirectoryManagerGeneric.java:283)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric.findUserByName(ApplicationServiceGeneric.java:266)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.getUser(CrowdServiceImpl.java:92)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.atlassianuser.EmbeddedCrowdUserManager.getUser(EmbeddedCrowdUserManager.java:100)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2016

I don't know.  But if you've been changing xml files, you could have broken something. 

I revert back to original .xml. Still facing same issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2016

The problem here is that by kludging in broken xml, you could have broken your data, so when you revert back to off-the-shelf code, your data is now damaged.

You seem to be in the middle of some process, I'm guessing an upgrade, but I don't understand why you're making most of these changes.

I would start with a clean installation of Confluence, no messing with files or old data, and get that working.  Then enable it for LDAP and test that.  Once you know this is all working, then start thinking about upgrades from other systems.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events