Crowd Integration with Confluence

Shahid Bashir May 28, 2012

I am doing tests with Crowd. I have integrated it with two installations of Confluence wiki. I am trying to create users/groups now in such a way on Crowd that one user is admin on one Confluence Wiki but is normal user on other Confluence Wiki. Please guide me how we will achieve that.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2012

Two ways I can think of:

1) I don't know if this one is possible as I've not used Crowd recently, but I think you can separate out the user-directory for the group(s) <> application mapping. This feels messy and I don't like the idea

2) Change the confluence admin groups. By default, Confluence administrators are members of a group called "confluence-administrators". Create a new group (or two), called something like confluence-2-admins, and add yourself into it. Then go into one of the confluences, go to global permissions, add confleunce-2-admins to the "can administrate confluence" permission and remove confluence-administrators.

Shahid Bashir May 28, 2012

Thanks a lot Nic. It was exactly what I needed. It not only solved my issue but gave me new line of thinking for solving permission issues.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events