Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-reference for text

AMIT GULATI January 12, 2022

Hi,

We are maintaining an up-to-date team list on a confluence page. Is there a way to cross-reference specific teams from this list on another confluence page so that I can avoid inconsistencies across multiple pages?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @AMIT GULATI Could you please confirm if you are using Cloud or Server/DataCenter ?

You can try Adding the Excerpt macro to a page to define a snippet of content to be re-used on another page. Please check if that meets your requirement.

AMIT GULATI January 12, 2022

Thanks Kishan. This is helpful. Does it work only one one text on a page? Because its not taking any id, if I create multiple excerpts and use excerpt include on other page, it shows the first one only..Am i missing anything? 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @AMIT GULATI 

You need to add multiple Excerpt Include macro's if there are multiple Excerpts. eg -

You can set "Excerpt Name" parameter to identify the the excerpt, then in another page insert an Excerpt include macro; this macro will pull in the content from the page you pick and Excerpt macro with the name you enter. You can refer this article for details.

AMIT GULATI January 14, 2022

@Kishan Sharma Appreciate your response. I noticed that they have introduced this functionality (naming excerpt) in JIRA Cloud only. We are on JIRA server unfortunately:-( Will have to wait to see it there.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2022

Oh yes that's correct, its currently available only in Confluence Cloud.

If you are open for paid third party plugins on Server instance, you can explore Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros (Table Filter and Charts app) that can be used for multi-excerption within multiple pages and spaces searched by page names, page trees and labels. One more option is - Multiple Excerpts & Include Macros
Hope this helps!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2022

Hi @AMIT GULATI If you have found my answer useful, please accept the answer, it will help others members having similar query.

AMIT GULATI February 11, 2022

@Kishan Sharma Hi Kishan, Is there a way to check when the Excerpt include macro (with Name) will be available in Confluence Server?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

Hi @AMIT GULATI 

There's already a suggestion raised - Include excerpt macro should be possible to select an excerpt from the page . I would suggest you to vote for it and start watching it for updates. There are no updates on it from Atlassian since long, so not sure by when it will be available.

AMIT GULATI February 14, 2022

Thanks @Kishan Sharma 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events