Creating or populating multiple documents from fields

ashley_windross September 7, 2022

This is a curly one, so I'm not expecting an easy solution, so let me explain my requirements and thoughts.

We are trying to streamline our contract creation, statement of works documents, commissioning documents etc., and currently use confluence as our documentation platform.

At present, there is a lot of duplication of information. The dates that we write into our contracts we must also write into our statement of works, our commissioning plan, our success metrics etc. Same with lots of different aspects.

I'm looking to do one of two things;

Either have a single 'Customer Page' that is a single source of truth, where each field that is filled in is tagged, and we use something like Scroll PDF exporter to export a template that scours the customer page for those tags, and populate whatever document you are trying to create.

OR

The ability to create another confluence page from a template that will use the information from the customer page to pre-fill a lot of the information. From there we can export it using the PDF exporter.

Are either of these doable in confluence? We want to avoid manual duplication as much as possible, to prevent errors.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events