Creating issues within Confluence

Jesse James November 19, 2019

I create issues for Jira within confluence. Simply by highlighting whatever i want and clicking 'create issue'. The problem I have is that, confluence chooses at random on which sections to show issues that I've created. The problem seems to be getting worse! Lately, it only shows a couple linked cards created. 

Am I the only one having this issue?

Every yellow circle indicates the sections that I have created cards for. As you can see, only one area shows that in fact a card was created. Even though all cards were created in the same exact way and in fact have populated within my backlog in Jira.

Confl.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

Hi Jesse,

could you provide some information on the deployment type? Do you get any error message / time out message when creating issues? Do you have access to the logs?

I walked into this some time ago when an issue had a few post functions in their create transition that took some time or Jira was just very, very slow. Confluence sends the data to Jira and waits (by default) for like 10 seconds to get a result back so it can display the proper "card" layout on the page. The issue were created but because of the timeout not linked. It sounds similar to your situation. On server we had to adjust the Confluence properties like this (60sec timeout as example value)

CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Dplugin.jira-integration.remote.timeout.socket=60000"

Best,

Max

Max, thank you for your reply. I honestly don't understand 3/4s of your ask. I think you're telling me it takes Atlassian awhile to catch up? Assuming that's what you're asking I can tell you it's been hours with no changes.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

Your answer made me laugh. Thanks for your honesty and I apologize for my nerd gibberish. ;) What I described was happening between a Confluence Server and a Jira Server instance. That's why it was more or less easy to solve the problem. So my question was what platform it is you're using. A little hint could be the position of the menu/navigation bar (without customizations). In most cases, a vertical navigation menu on the left means you're on "cloud" while a horizontal navigation menu means "server". On Cloud, I'd suggest opening up a support ticket with Atlassian. On server, I'd suggest speaking to your system administrator. :) Or talk to any administrator of your tools and just point him in the right direction. If you are using the server version,  use my answer and hopefully look smart. I won't tell anyone. ;) 

Best, Max

I think I'll open a ticket. Thank you sir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events