Creating copy of a page/pages in another site

Mohammed Iqbal December 1, 2017

I am using two sites for maintaining document repositories of my product, let's call them Internal and External. The Internal site is for developers and QAs, the External site is for customers. Each page that is created on the Internal site has the same page for External site. A typical page has content, screenshots and file attachments. I want to know if it is possible to move these to the External site automatically/with minimal manual interference. 

A simple copy paste operation is possible for the content but the screenshots/file attachments have to be uploaded separately on the External site again. There is also a problem in using macros like Code Block, copy-pasting them into the External site doesn't work, they have to be reinserted.

Any workarounds/resolutions for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Hey Mohammed 

I'm actually unclear if your two sites are two Spaces of the same instance or two space of two different instance. If they are under the same instance, you can simply copy the page, and move the copy in another space. 

If it's two different instance, there is no real option to do that out-of-the-box. Apparently there is an add-on Confluence Command Line Interface which has a copyPage action and you can use the targetServer parameter. I fond this on this question : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-copy-pages-from-one-confluence-to-another/qaq-p/251783

Mohammed Iqbal December 3, 2017

They are two separate instances. Thanks, will try this CLI out. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events