Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating checklists with sub sections and progress bars (%)

John McLoone April 19, 2023

I want to move a check lists from spreadsheets in to a confluence page. The checkbox can be used to show if a line/task is complete but I also need to show tasks in groups (sections) and also display how many tasks in each section is done, either as % or a number our of the total like 1/5)

For Example 

Setup 33%

Status          Task                       Responsible           Description

[x]                Create project                 Mr A              

[  ]                Invite members               Ms B

[  ]                Link files                          Mrs C

Building 0%

Status          Task                       Responsible           Description

[  ]                Ready build                    Mr A

[  ]                Allocate build                 Mrs C

[  ]                Test build                        Ms B

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

Hi @John McLoone ,

You may use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app for the case: its Table Filter and Pivot Table macros understand the checked and empty checkboxes.

So, you'll be able to create pivot tables with percentages that may look similar to the screenshot below:

Wed 4-1.png

Here we talk about native Confluence tables, but if you still prefer to use spreadsheets, you may try the Table Spreadsheet macro and get the Excel-like functionality right in Confluence. This macro is also provided by the Table Filter and Charts add-on.

John McLoone April 19, 2023

Thanks. I'm looking in native, but just wanted to check if i need extra macros and if my workplace allows it or has alternatives. Everything I'm looking for is possible in a native table? If yes thats all I need to know and ill study up on the rest.

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2023

Hi @John McLoone ,

Your case is not possible to implement using standard Confluence tables as for now. I've heard that the native pivot tables are on the way, but we still don't have them on our test instances - maybe they will be able to help. 

But you may reorganize your tables using Confluence tasks and then collect completed and uncompleted tasks using the standard Task Report macro.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events