Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a space

Shari Fitz-Patrick April 3, 2023

I have a user who wanted to create a page in the QA space.  When she did it created it in her personal space and not the QA space.  I tested this, and it also happened to me the administrator.  This has not happened previously.  Does anyone have any ideas about what might have changed or how this could be resolved?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

@Shari Fitz-Patrick I would begin by asking how you triggered the page creation process and what space you were in when you hit the Create or (+) button? In general, pages are created in the space you are in when triggering that action either from the side bar or menu. 

Can you confirm where both you and the user were when attempting to create the page?

Shari Fitz-Patrick April 3, 2023

That is the reason why I tested myself. I was on our team space and created a test page and it went straight into my personal space.  I could move it afterward to the right area but this is going to cause a lot of confusion among my users.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Are you sure you both have the Add Page permission in the Space you are trying to create a page in? If you can view pages, but not add them, the Create button will default to adding the page into your personal space.

You can tell if you have this permission by hovering over a page in the left side page tree. If a (+) appears, it means you have permission to add pages in that space. If not, the Create button on the menu bar will create pages in your personal space.

I hope this helps.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2023

@Shari Fitz-Patrick please let me know how it is going. If the issue is resolved and my post helped, please consider marking it as approved.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events