Creating a set of Pages from a Template, Blueprint, or Macro in Confluence Cloud

John Hauppa November 7, 2017

I want to create a set of Pages with one parent Page and a set of Child pages from a Template. Each parent Page should have the same set of child Pages for each time we want to use the parent Page template.

I am using Confluence On-Demand (Cloud). There does not seem to be a way to perform the above task.

I looked at --

-- Custom Blueprints, but these are not supported in Confluence Cloud

-- Page templates with Child Pages. These are not supported.

-- Creating a Macro, but these are not supported in Confluence Cloud

-- Add-in Marketplace. All of the options I could find that may be able to create Parent and Child Pages are not supported in Confluence Cloud.

Being able to create consistent set of site content from a template seems to be an essential feature for an intranet. What am I missing here?

The only other option I can think of is creating a Page template for each page we need in the set, and then manually creating the set of Pages in the correct order each time we need a copy of the parent Page with all of its child Pages. Since we need to create this set at least once a month, this is a tedious and error-prone solution to the problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Norrod
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 30, 2017

I found this which sounds like what you want

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/eps.focuspro.PageTreeCreator/overview

The one thing I am wanting is to combine this with smart templates so all the pages being created are still linked back to the master template. This way if I want to change the format I only do it to the master template.

John Hauppa January 2, 2018

Thanks Paul -- one thing to note about the Page Tree Creator is that it does not work with Confluence Cloud. I am using the Cloud version so my options are even more limited.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events