Creating a public blog using Confluence

avenroot May 22, 2018

I am wanting to set up a public blog for some of our employees to contribute to.  I have thought about using platforms like Ghost but before investing in all that can this be accomplished with Confluence?  So Employees can publish a blog for all the public to see.  Like you would find on Ghost, Blogger, Wordpress and such.  

Also, some blogs would be internal and other would be external to the public.  So we need both functionalities.

Thanks for any help or advice.

2 answers

0 votes
avenroot May 24, 2018

I wasn't able to get this working to what I had hoped.  I decided to try out Ghost.org.  I was able to give anonymous access but unable to keep people from looking around after they were in.  I spent a few hours on it.  I can't say the suggested answer is NOT an answer but I couldn't get it to work but it could be because of my lack of experience with Confluence.   Thank you for the suggestions though.

0 votes
Deleted user May 22, 2018

Hi @avenroot,

Have you looked into Anonymous Access for Confluence

If some blogs would be internal then users who have the create permission will need to restrict page access when they create a page, before they publish.

Let me know if I have misunderstood your requirements.

Thanks

avenroot May 22, 2018

I believe that answers my question.  I just want a couple employees to start blogging about our industry and I can put a link to those blogs on our main website.  

Thanks!

Deleted user May 22, 2018

When you get it set up please post your link up here and I will read one of your public articles. 

Good luck :)

avenroot May 22, 2018

super!   I will.  Thank you for your help.   :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events