Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a phone link

Lilly November 12, 2018

How to Create link to call a phone number?

In other words a clickable hyperlink to call from your phone

9 answers

4 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

It might be, if an admin will enable it. But it is often disabled due to security concerns. Also with a user macro, you can change the macro (style, function, etc,), and have it update all instances. With the HTML macro option, you have to manually update all instances.

Here is the macro:

## Macro title: Phone Number
## Developed by: Bill Bailey, MarketCom, LLC
## Date created: 2018.11.14
## Version: 0.2

## @param phoneNumber:title=Phone Number

<a href="tel:$paramphoneNumber">$paramphoneNumber</a>
Myro August 4, 2020

It is horrible that markdown doesn't support tel: link... 

In 2020, age of smartphones ???

Like hml likes this
1 vote
oliverwi October 21, 2019
  1. Ctrl-K (for insert link or Cmd-K on MacOs)
  2. Choose "Web link" from the left hand side-menu
  3. Into the Address field type "tel:12345"
  4. Into the Address field type "tel://12345"
  5. Into the Link text field type: 12345 or whatever you like the link to read
  6. [Insert]

I am running Confluence v7 but this always worked also on earlier versions.

4) The forward slashes are required for this validate as a URI

Florian Bachmann April 11, 2022

Did this actually work for you? It was the natural thing to do for me, but when the page is published, the link is replaced by `#`.

Like oliverwi likes this
Florian Bachmann April 11, 2022

tel://+4912345 worked for me (with slashes)

Like oliverwi likes this
0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

It does, but may be easier to get an admin to add a user macro than to open something flagged as a potential security risk. ;-)

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2018

@Bill Bailey I'm with you - good point with security! Problem may be that you need admin rights for creating a user macro too. 

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2018

Wouldn't it be easier enabling HTML macro than rather writing an own user macro? Just a thought...

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2018

Yes, I'll get you something tomorrow.

0 votes
Lilly November 13, 2018

Thank you! Except I do not write code :)

Can you help?

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2018

Or if the HTML macro is not enabled, you could write a user code to insert the same kind of link in the page, with the one parameter being the phone number.

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2018

Hi @Lilly - welcome to community

you can easily create a phone link using HTML Macro (pay attention as it is enabled by default) and use something like

<a href="tel:+12 34 567 891">+12 34 567 891</a>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events