The new space being linked to an existing JIRA project on creation.
If the name of the space in the "new space" dialog contains the word "documentation", Confluence creates a set of software project pages for the space in Italian, e.g. "Requisiti Prodotto" (product requirements).
A workaround is to not include the word "documentation" when creating the space, but to edit the name to include this once the space has been set up (after the project pages have been created in English).
Is this a bug? Is Confluence guessing the language for the newly-created space from the text of the specified space name? Have I missed a configuration setting somewhere in Confluence to always have space page titles be in English?
Hello there @Lee!
That is an interesting behavior, to say the least. I still need some details so I can better understand the situation and try to replicate this behavior.
With this in mind, I will ask you the following questions:
- What language is your profile set to?
- What language is your Confluence site set to?
- What is the language that your browser is set to?
- Do you type exactly "documentation" in the space name or is it "Documentation"?
- Is there any other word that is part of the space name or is it only "documentation"?
- What happens if other user creates a space of the type "Software project space" and include the word "documentation" in the space title?
I tried to replicate locally, but was unable to. No matter how I included the word "documentation" on my space name.
Let us hear from you!
Hi Diego, answers to your questions:
1. Language is set to "English (UK)" at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences
2. Global default language is set to "English (UK)" at https://sitename.atlassian.net/wiki/admin/viewlanguage.action (site name replaced with "sitename" for security)
3. Browser language is set to "English"
4. It was "documentation" not "Documentation"
5. Yes, another word (please send me a private message / email if you need to know this)
6. This hasn't been tried yet, but I can let you know.
Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Based on feedback from you, we are giving admins more power to create templates that a...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events