Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Creating a new page based on a template with automation

Edited

Hello there,

I am creating an automation to create a confluence page each time we move an epic from status A to status B. The creation works well but I need to get 2 step further.

First, I will need to create it into a folder (or group). Probably easy, I'll dig around the web.

Second, it's getting complicated. We made a template for the document to be created. How can I use this template as the document I am creating from the automation instead of a blank document? 

I followed the instructions here: Automating creation of a Jira ticket and linked Confluence page (atlassian.com)

-----

Update

So I think I need to inject my template code inside the post automation. If that's right, could you tell me where I need to inject the code? 

Also, I have a goup of page called "Studies". Can I tell the POST to create that page into this section as a child page and not into the general section?

Thank you

{
"type":"page",

"title":"{{issue.key}} {{issue.summary}}",
"space":{"key":"SP"},
"body":{
"storage":{
"value":"<ac:structured-macro ac:name=\"jira\" ac:schema-version=\"1\" ac:macro-id=\"fc93550d-3ad6-467d-ac8f-3d489b56bcb3\">\n <ac:parameter ac:name=\"server\">System JIRA</ac:parameter>\n <ac:parameter ac:name=\"columns\">key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution</ac:parameter>\n <ac:parameter ac:name=\"serverId\">fa5e0e57-2a1c-3bf4-9b4b-a0cc6f35c1af</ac:parameter>\n <ac:parameter ac:name=\"key\">{{issue.key}}</ac:parameter>\n </ac:structured-macro>",
"representation": "storage"}
}
}

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

142 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you