It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating a link to a heading on the same page.

In Confluence Cloud, I'm trying to create links to headings in the same page.  I've tried several solutions given in Confluence documentation and in this community forum, and none have worked.  When I try to create a link with "#foo" to link to heading foo, it doesn't create it.

1 answer

You are right, according to CONFCLOUD-66773 this doesn't seem to be possible right now with the new editor right now. :(

Thanks.  But see my comment in that ticket.

Yep, seems a bit confusing. For all I can tell you it's not working for me either. So I guess you should contact the support team as mentioned in the ticket.

Thanks, but a couple of questions.  First, one of the comments was "However, you can navigate to your headings with #", which seems to mean that you can manually create links with #.   I can't even do that.  Can you?  If so, how?

Second, I'd like to contact the support team, but I don't see the link for that in any of the pages I've looked at.  Do you know how to contact them?

Thanks.

No, I can't either. Played around with it a little bit and it only seems to work if the page is already loaded. Definitely buggy.

I think you should be able to contact them here: http://support.atlassian.com/contact

Thanks, but I'm still not understanding.  A page needs to be loaded to work on it at all.  So what do you mean "only seems to work if the page is already loaded"?  I'm looking to make links within a page, so there's only one page involved in this situation.

Thanks.

If you add the anchor part (http://host.domain/path?query=value#anchor) to the URL after a page is loaded and press enter it works (sometimes). But if it's already in the URL upon load it doesn't work (which it should).

If you look back at the ticket, Sunny Xu's last comment on 28 October tells you the feature that replaces it.  And my comment right after it tells you what's wrong with the new feature!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

32 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you