Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a link to a heading on the same page.

Evan Morton October 28, 2019

In Confluence Cloud, I'm trying to create links to headings in the same page.  I've tried several solutions given in Confluence documentation and in this community forum, and none have worked.  When I try to create a link with "#foo" to link to heading foo, it doesn't create it.

1 answer

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2019

You are right, according to CONFCLOUD-66773 this doesn't seem to be possible right now with the new editor right now. :(

Thanks.  But see my comment in that ticket.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2019

Yep, seems a bit confusing. For all I can tell you it's not working for me either. So I guess you should contact the support team as mentioned in the ticket.

Thanks, but a couple of questions.  First, one of the comments was "However, you can navigate to your headings with #", which seems to mean that you can manually create links with #.   I can't even do that.  Can you?  If so, how?

Second, I'd like to contact the support team, but I don't see the link for that in any of the pages I've looked at.  Do you know how to contact them?

Thanks.

Marketplace Partner
October 28, 2019

No, I can't either. Played around with it a little bit and it only seems to work if the page is already loaded. Definitely buggy.

I think you should be able to contact them here: http://support.atlassian.com/contact

Evan Morton October 29, 2019

Thanks, but I'm still not understanding.  A page needs to be loaded to work on it at all.  So what do you mean "only seems to work if the page is already loaded"?  I'm looking to make links within a page, so there's only one page involved in this situation.

Thanks.

Marketplace Partner
October 29, 2019

If you add the anchor part (http://host.domain/path?query=value#anchor) to the URL after a page is loaded and press enter it works (sometimes). But if it's already in the URL upon load it doesn't work (which it should).

Evan Morton October 29, 2019

If you look back at the ticket, Sunny Xu's last comment on 28 October tells you the feature that replaces it.  And my comment right after it tells you what's wrong with the new feature!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events