It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating a backup Confluence server from production EC2 snapshot? Edited

I've recently inherited Admin responsibilities for managing our Confluence server (version 6.0.3).  It is currently out of date, so I would like to build a recovery/test server prior to upgrading.

We currently host our instance of Confluence on a Linux EC2 instance with daily snapshots and the database stored with RDS.  The instance is behind a load balancer as well.

My AWS knowledge is limited (but growing fast) - but, has anyone performed something like this before?  Is there a best practice for the order of operation in which you do things?

i.e. create a new volume from the snapshot > attach the volume to the new instance >etc

Then, is there anything that needs to be changed manually within the instance?

Thanks for any help you can give!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

63 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you