Creating a Confluence user account with no JIRA license

Greetings!

Currently, as we modify our usage models and licencing, we're in a situation where we're over our allowed number of JIRA users, but significantly under the allowed users for Confluence. In the interim, we're looking to create "just-confluence" users, however we keep encountering an error.

Specifically, the accounts have to be created manually under the Confluence administration tab, and results in the following email message:

There was an error granting default application access to the new user 'foobar'

We were unable to grant the user access to the following application(s):

• JIRA

To edit application access settings, visit https://<oursite>.jira.com/secure/admin/user/ApplicationAccessConfig!default.jspa.

This is curious as we specifically flagged no-JIRA access at point of creation...

Could you help me in understanding how to create just-confluence based users in my current situation?

Many thanks,

Kevin Rueckert

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Kevin,

This can happen when you have your default Application Access set to include other applications - have you changed this to reflect no access or just Confluence? There's actually a related issue raised, so if you follow the instructions there and are still receiving this message, you may need to create a support ticket.

Thanks,

-dave

Perfect, the default application access toggle did the trick. Much obliged Dave.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

919 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you