Creating Jira Issus from Confluence Table no longer working

Deleted user March 2, 2021

I used to be able to create multiple issues from a confluence product requirements table into my Jira project. I would leave the page published select text of the first issue (not the column header) and then select <create multiple issues>. I was then able to specify issue type and fields using the column headers. My Jira project will populate the number of rows I have with a unique Jira ID , however; the column header <name> is the only thing that is populating the fields. So all issue have a summary populated with the column header name " requirement" and not the actual text of the requirement in each row -  and a user story with the text of "user story"  etc.. none of the content in the table other then then column header is making it into the tickets. 

I tried this again in edit mode. I have watched numerous how to videos....still not working. Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Hi @[deleted] , 

Maybe you have seen these, but there are multiple open issues related to this feature where we can vote and comment.

Do either of these address the problems you are having?

Another issue we are seeing is that while we can create multiple Jira issues from a Confluence table (as long as we're not trying to map extra fields), but the issue macro is not embedded in the Confluence table, and therefore we don't gain visibility to the status of the issue. 

Our plan is to also contact Atlassian support to let them know how this is affecting our teams. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events