Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Dynamic Charts

Raviteja April 8, 2020

Hi,

i want to create dynamic charts for my team based on data feed from mainframe file. On mainframes side we have Webhook server configured which will listen for an event and notify.

Now my query is,

Does confluence provide any listeners/Even broker which will receive notification from webhook server and get data from mainframe file and store in chart table?

i am new to confluence,so please help me with this requirement and point me to any documentation which helps me in this.

Thank you,

Ravi 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2020

Hi @Raviteja,

Can this mainframe return a CSV file by some URL?

Raviteja April 8, 2020

Hi Andrey,

Thank your for reply.i am not 100% sure,but we can send a CSV file through FTP.

Also,i have one more query.

The Mainframe Webhook Server can be used to define an HTTP endpoint, such as the CA ALC Event Broker, that can receive notifications of mainframe events. The Mainframe Webhook Server monitors the specified locations for file-based events and posts them to a webhook endpoint"

so,when webhook server posts a notification to HTTP endpoint,can confluence receive that notification and request/get data from mainframe?

thank you,

Ravi

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2020

You can try to use the Table from CSV macro to load data from URL and display it as a table. Then wrap it with the Chart from Table macro to display a chart.

Or you can try to use Confluence REST API to attach the file to a page and then use the Table from CSV macro to display it as a table.

Like # people like this
Raviteja April 8, 2020

Hi Andrey,

But, as i mentioned in my previous post, how it knows when it should request data through URL? Webhook server can notify an event to an HTTP endpoint, do confluence provide any listeners to configure at HTTP end point?so that as soon as Webhook server notify an event at HTTP endpoint, it can request updated data from mainframe through URL

Thank You,

Ravi.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2020

Hi Ravi,

The idea is that the system returns the actual file by request. And the Table from CSV macro makes this request each time a user opens the page with the chart.

Like Garret Lee likes this
Raviteja April 9, 2020

Thanks Andrey for your time and responding to my queries.i will start on read and implement this from the documentation that you have provided. I still have few more queries as per our requirement,i will ask you as soon as i get there.

Thank You,

Ravi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events