Creating Confluence Page from template using an API call

Bishal Basak Papan September 28, 2021

What is the rest API request format to create a Confluence page from a custom template? In the documentation, I find API request format to create a page, there is no mention about template. If I want to use a template, what modifications should be done with the request?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Hi @Bishal Basak Papan On cloud, there is already a suggestion to add ability to get, store, and list space and global templates, please vote for it and start watching it for updates. 

Please also refer comment on this thread that will give you an idea on how you can achieve this.

Hi @Kishan Sharma , thank you very much. In the suggestion, I see that there is an issue closed (Save new page from template via API) in which it is mentioned that the facility to create a page using a template was introduced in Confluence 3.x. But it has not been migrated to the latest version.  

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Hi Bishal that suggestion is for Server instance. I hope you are using confluence cloud as you have tagged it while asking this question?

Oops, Sorry. I have mistaken that part. Thank you for pointing out. Yes, I am using Confluence cloud.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2021

No worries Bishal, please post it here if you get this working :)

Sure, Kishan. Thank you very much.

Like Kishan Sharma likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events