Created Vs Resolved Gadget: Using it to look a fixed period of time.

Andrew Whittle May 22, 2012

I am able to add the "Created Vs Resolved" gadget to my Confluence wiki page and modify it with to use a specific filter which looks at issues raised during a named phase of testing on my current project. The phase in question is "regression". This is fine at the moment as we have just completed the regression phase and so the graph plots all issues as expected.

As part of the setup, you can specify the number of "days previous" - the graph as I understand works back from today to the number of days previous specified.

Let's say I set "days previous" to be 30 days, but I then go back to this graph 40 days after the close of the phase of testing that the filter applied to the graph uses. Would this mean that I see nothing on my graph?

How can I get the graph to look at the period in question - e.g. fix a date in time and the apply days previous to that date rather than "today"?

Thanks,

Andrew

6 answers

1 vote
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Created vs Resolved chart can be created using combination of Jira Issues macro, Table Excerpt + Table Excerpt Include macros, two Pivot Table macros and Chart from Table macro. Those macros are coming from Table Filter and Charts add-on.

So you can get something like this:

2017-12-05_10h29_57.png2017-12-05_10h34_04.png2017-12-05_10h32_03.png

Philip Schlesinger December 5, 2017

Wow...complicated...I need to play with this...

So is the table excerpt:

(created >= [startDate] AND created <= [endDate]) OR (resolved >= [startDate] AND resolved <= [endDate])

?

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

Yes, in Jira Issues macro you can specify any JQL you need.

Table Excerpt Include works as a reference to Table Excerpt, so you do not need to copy Jira Issues macro.

In Pivot Table macros you need to specify date format and date period for aggregation. And choose Created and Resolved columns as row labels in these macros.

And in Chart from Table macro specify date format if you are going to create Time Line chart. 

Artur Franczuk September 7, 2020

is it possible to make it cumulative?

Like Nico Schweizer likes this
0 votes
Danut M [StonikByte]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2020

Hi @Andrew Whittle 

With our add-ons Great Gadgets for Jira Server and  Great Gadgets for Jira Cloud you can have a Created vs Resolved chart on your dashboard that allows selecting a time range. On Jira Server the gadgets can be imported in Confluence. 

In the 10 gadgets offered by the add-on, there is a Release Burndown / Burnup Chart gadget than can be easily configured as Created vs Resolved Chart. Just take a look at this example. 

CreatedVsResolved_No_Zero.jpg

Danut

0 votes
Philip Schlesinger December 4, 2017

Kelly's answer above pointed to JIRA.  Andrew's question was regarding Confluence.

I have the same need as Andrew.  Hence I've added a suggestion to Atlassian's Confluence Cloud issue list.  Please vote it up: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-58453

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

There were already at least 3 issues opened for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-21401

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-22067

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-22068

These have all been closed as won't fix.

0 votes
Kerrin Hardy November 24, 2012

I am also interested in this. I'd like the Created vs Resolved gadget timeframe to match the period of time the filter is set to. Is this possible with any of the in-built gadgets/reports?

0 votes
Kerrin Hardy November 24, 2012

I am also interested in this. I'd like the Created vs Resolved gadget timeframe to match the period of time the filter is set to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events