Create variable in templates that can assign a task

Jonathan_Chow October 30, 2019

I'm using variables within a template and want to know if I can create a variable that assigns a task to a specific user. 

These variables would be within an action item, however at the moment, when I fill in the variable field it will not let me assign a task/ tag a user. 

For example:

[] Send contract | Variable - @user1

[] Send invoice | variable - @User2

[] Confirm invoice paid | variable - @User2

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hello @Jonathan_Chow,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

It's not currently possible to use @ mentions in template variables, but we have a feature request for this below:

If you vote on the above request, you'll automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on this going forward.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

1 vote
Nadja Schedler November 12, 2019

Hi @Jonathan_Chow 

I would like to present you a solution using our app called Page Tree Creator. The aim is to improve working with templates.

With our app you can create templates that are standard Confluence pages and even have multi page templates. On these templates you can put placeholders with different formats like user, date or many more.
In you case you would have a task [] send contract __user1__
Then when instantiating the template you can fill in the __user1__ by selecting a user. After the page is created it will assign the task to the correct user []send contract @user1

You can have as many placeholders as you like and even add some default values.

If you are interested, please have a look at our app Page Tree Creator. If you need any more assistance, just open a service desk issue. Our team is always happy to help

Best Regards,

Nadja (Software Engineer at EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events