Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create username aliases

Pavel Skola November 11, 2019

Background: One of our department is using it´s own (non centralized) confluence in my company with local users.

We have installed a "new" confluence (centralized) connected to Active Directory LDAP.

And we migrated the spaces from "non centralized" to our "new" confluence.

Goal: The goal is make "aliases" for users which were used in "non centralized" confluence coresponding to "new" confluence users.

The reason is keep linked articles in spaces functional.

Is it possible?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello Pavel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're attempting to do. As I understand it, you have two Confluence sites with two separate user bases. One is internal to Confluence, and the other is on LDAP. The issue you're having is that your users have two different usernames on each of these sites, and you want to connect the two.

For example, if my username on one instance is shannon.spaniol, and on the other instance it's s.spaniol, then you would want to make shannon.spaniol an alias of s.spaniol. Is that right? If not, could you please elaborate?

This is not possible natively, but there might be a workaround so I want to ensure that I have understood you correctly.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events