Create user without password

Craig Peterson February 27, 2012

I had a trial instance of confluence+Jira and one feature I really liked was that I could create a new user and the system would email them with a link to reset their password.

We have now set up a confluence only instance and it looks like I must enter the password for every user I create. This is a bit more cumbersome and leaves me with only two real options:

1. Have every team member come to my desk and type in their password.
  2. Send accounts out with a default password and make everybody change it, and hope they do.

I don't really like either of those options. Is there a way to make confluence only act more like the jira installation where I can just enter a username and email, and it will notify them and make them set a password immediately?

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2012

In Confluence 4.2 you can invite users sending them a registration URL. Would that solve the problem?

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+Users

Cheers Christian

Inviting people to sign up via a URL

You can invite new users to the site by sending them a signup URL. This option is available in both public and private signup modes. When someone visits the URL in a browser, a Confluence signup screen will appear.

To invite people to sign up:

1. Click Add Users on the dashboard.
    Or take the longer route: Choose Browse > Confluence Admin. Click Users > Add User.
  2. Copy the Invitation URL and paste it into an email message, or onto a page on your extranet

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events