Create task or email notification with due date via Confiform

zlus August 13, 2020

Dear community,

I need same functionality as a simple "task list" tool (when you just type your task, use "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date). As a result when due date is reached user will be notified via email about his open task on daily basis.

I have a form with fields "employee"  and "manager" (both - user type) and "deadline"  (date). My goal is to notify by email "employee" and "manager" when "deadline" is reached.  

The problem is that "task list" tool is not available in Confiforms. So is there any possibility to realize such functionality it in Confiforms?

Thanks in advance for your support.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2020

ConfiForms does not have a background process to "do something" in a scheduled way. So you cannot set it up to send an email at a "due date"

It can send emails and lots of other stuff based on the events triggered with ConfiForms records (created/modified/deleted)

zlus August 14, 2020

Hi Alex,

Thanks for quick reply. Maybe I can create task when "due date" was modified? But which action should be used in this case? 

Another idea is to send email with calendar reminder that recipient will simply add to his calendar. But it seems more complicate (at least for me because I have no idea how to create such reminder in email body).

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2020

Confluence does not have APIs for us to use to create tasks (well, it had.. but not anymore). And there is no documented way how to create inline tasks from plugins. 

So, we cannot help here much from the ConfiForms side.

I am not sure I get it when you talk about the calendar solution. True that ConfiForms can help you with a realtime creation of a calendar invite that your users can then receive via the email (from ConfiForms also)

See this page https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+a+file+with+calendar+invitation+-+ics+file+in+Confluence+and+sending+it+via+email+with+ConfiForms

zlus August 14, 2020

Alex, 

thanks for the consultation

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events