Create table with jira issues and the confluence pages where they are mentioned

Diogo Tecelão March 27, 2024

Hello everyone,

I want to build a Confluence table in which I have the following 2 main columns:

• Jira issue
  • Confluence pages in which the Jira issue is mentioned on

Does anyone know if this is possible by combining any set of plugins and macros?

For more context:

• I have a custom issue type on Jira which is called "requirement"
  • The requirement issues are listed in several Confluence pages. This creates a link / mention between the Jira issues and the Confluence pages
  • I want to have a table that essentially enables me to see, for each Jira issue, in which Confluence pages (with a URL preferably) it is mentioned.

Perhaps its is a combination of using the REST API / ScriptRunner / any data sourcing plugin together with Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence, but I really don't know.

Does anyone have a clue?

Many thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Diogo Tecelão ,

The Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app is our add-on. The app supports the Jira Issues macro (you can transform the macro output, join several Jira macros and so on) but it can't search Confluence pages for Jira mentions.

Maybe as a workaround we can suggest using the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros. On each page where you need to put a Jira mention, you put it also inside the Table Excerpt macro that is placed at the top of the page.

Then on your master page such excerpts are collected in a big report via the Table Excerpt Include macro with "Page Title" meta data. So, you'll see a table with page titles as links and correspondent Jira mentions.

Also I've browsed the Community for similar questions but couldn't find exactly your case. But maybe these threads will give you any hints or smth:

Diogo Tecelão March 28, 2024

Your workaround suggestion works great for us! Thanks so much for the suggestion

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events