Vijaya Medampudi December 1, 2016

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2016

You can use "Create issues and subtasks" post-function of JIRA Workflow Toolbox.

You can give me more details on what you want to implement, and I will be able to give you the exact configuration you need.

1 vote
Vijaya Medampudi December 4, 2016

Hi Fidel,

Thanks for your reply. It would be much appreciated if you can provide the configuration without any plugins.

Details of requirement as follows:

We have two projects in Jira :

• TEM
  • PT

• For TEM project, we create Task and subtask ( we are able to do this task)
  • For TEM project task there are more than 5-6 subtasks. For one of the sub-task, if the status is updated (like To-do, start progress etc) then automatically this should create a TASK in PT project with status “New”

Just wondering is it possible to handle configuration for only one sub-task?  Usually the sub-task which I need configuration contains text “ Coordinate shakedown testing”

Is it possible to create post validation functions based on the text? If not please advise what is the best solution.

Your help would be much appreciated

Regards

Vijaya

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

Hi Vijaya,

First of all, sorry for the delay in my response. It seems that Atlassian Answers has stop sending email notifications for some time, and I didn't notice your questions.

You can implement the behavior you describe using "Create issues and subtasks" post-function. It's not possible to do it without any plugin.

In order to restrict issue creation to only the subtask with “Coordinate shakedown testing” text (in the Summary?, Description?,...) you have to insert in parameter Conditional execution a boolean expression similar to this:

matches(%{00001}, "(?si).*coordinate shakedown testing.*")

where %{00001} is field code for Description. If you want to look for the text in the Summary use %{00000} instead.

Please, let me know if you have any question about the configuration of the rest of the parameters of the post-function.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2016

It seems that you need some code for this. 

Easiest solution - script Runner plugin. is it acceptable for you to use it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events