Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create report with templated sub-sections (ie: Report template pulls from other 'sub templates')

Linda Stolk September 15, 2022

I am wanting to create a few different reports. Some sections of the reports will be repeated across the different types of reports.

For the sake of a simple scenario imagine a "stakeholder list" table which includes 2 columns - User Name, Role - which would be included in both the <Project Kick-Off Report> and the <Project Summary Report>.

I have created 2 templates for these reports.......

TEMPLATE 1 = "Project Kick-Off Report" template
TEMPLATE 2 = "Project Summary Report" template

BOTH of these templates need to point to the same version of the "stakeholder list".

I have tried to create the "stakeholder list" as a page and then use "include page" to link it to TEMPLATE 1/2, but when I do it is uneditable/un-copy-able.

I have tried a 'page properties' on TEMPLATE 1/2, which gives me the results I need BUT this would require me to recreate the table for every single template - and if I ever update the fields in the "stakeholder list" then I'd need to update it on every template page.

Essentially, I'm looking for a way to create a reusable component. ie: Create the "stakeholder list" as a sort of 'mini template' and then reuse that same template in each section of the main TEMPLATE 1 /2.

Is this possible? Am I approaching this incorrectly? Thanks in advance for anyting you can suggest! :)

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Linda Stolk ,

You mention having information  listed in columns, so am I right in assuming that the templated information you want to add are organized in tables?

Your need actually sounds close to something we are working on at Elements for one of our apps. Would you be willing to talk with our Product Manager to see if the app feature we're working on is something that might help you?

Linda Stolk September 16, 2022

Hi,

Not all of the information would be in tables. For example:

Report 1 - Project Kick-Off
Sections: Excecutive Summary (text), Business Stakeholder List (table), Cost Benefit (text/supporting docs)

Report 2 - Project Tracker
Sections: Executive Summary (text), Internal Stakeholder List (table), Business Stakeholder List (table), Risk Register (table)

I'd be happy to speak with someone.

Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2022

@Linda Stolk ! I am a new PM for Confluence Cloud Templates. I am exploring solutions to create templates for text, tables, etc. I would really enjoy learning more about your use case to see if we can create solutions for your need. If you're interested, please book a quick zoom call with me! thx! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events