Create multiple issues from Confluence Requirement table is no longer adding Jira link

Elena Casanova March 26, 2020

We have used the "Create multiple issues from table" function to pull requirements from a Confluence Product Requirement document into Jira.  In the past, the function will allow you to map the fields in the table to Jira parameters, select the issue type. and provide links in the table to each Jira item.  

Now it seems that this function will create jira items but the field mapping doesn't always work properly and the Jira link NEVER appears in the table.  

It seems add links to the confluence page if create issues one at a time.  This is not ideal because you can only add the summary and not map a description which may be in another column in your table.

Can you confirm that this is broken or no longer working as designed.  I am using next-gen SW projects but this worked perfectly with other netxt-gen projects less than 6 months ago.

I have looked at all the articles and videos which show how it used to work and how I expect it to work and it is not working now:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/use-jira-and-confluence-together-724765436.html

I have super admin rights to both Jira and Confluence cloud.

5 answers

2 votes
Qamar N Mohammed July 27, 2020

Hello - Just wanted to ask if there was a support ticket raised for this issue ? And was the issue resolved ?  I'm facing similar kind of issue.

Thanks,

Qamar 

1 vote
Perry November 23, 2020

Same problem here - I am actually trying to convince some coworkers about the seamlessness of this feature and it seems completely broken now. 

However, it seems since I'm just demoing a free version there is no recourse to getting support.

Is this still broken for everyone else? Does anyone know if it still works in jira/confluence server editions?

0 votes
Caitlin Rouille July 20, 2021

Any update on this? It would be great if the stories created in the table sync up to the confluence doc. Its an ideal feature when it works.

0 votes
Payal Gogia July 13, 2021

hey,

any update on this issue. I am seeing this issue too. Any help here would be really appreciated.

0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

Hello @Elena Casanova

I have been able to replicate the issue, I can confirm that the issues are being created and, as you mentioned above, the embedded links do not display on the confluence page.

I would suggest raising a support ticket, if you have not already done so, for Atlassian to look into this bug. I will link to the support desk where a ticket can be raised. I have raised one myself and when Atlassian I will update you as soon as possible.   

Thanks,

Danny

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events