Create jira issue within Confluence

Bre Hinders December 15, 2021

I'm looking for the ability to Create a Jira Issue Form to be housed in Confluence so that we can send people to our confluence page to submit their issues.  Those issues would be created as stories in Jira and go directly into the backlog for us to go through and assign accordingly. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

OOTB you can certainly create an issue from within Confluence by highlighting some text or using the Jira macro. However, there isn’t a means of creating a form in confluence that a user could use to create an issue, populating all appropriate fields.

maybe there is an addon in the Marketplace but I’m aware of any ATM.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Note that Proforma is being integrated into Jira which may serve to achieve your goal but unsure.

Bre Hinders January 4, 2022

Hi Jack,
I have double checked and I don't have the Jira macro available to select.  Is there a way to get that added?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2022

So if you type “/Jira” when editing a page nothing shows? Are you the org admin?

Bre Hinders January 4, 2022

No.  Nothing shows up.   Here is what I have availability to.

I believe I am an admin.

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events