Create from template macro shall render the new page

Anna Knutsen October 8, 2019

Hi everybody,

when I create a page using the "create from template"-macro I would like the macro to be replaced by the link to the new page.

Does anyone know a workaround or macro that leads to this result?

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Hi @Anna Knutsen

do you want to use the macro or do you want to have a button that looks like the macro but would lead to a new page?

If so it would be something like that:

## Macro title: AUI Button
## Macro has a body: N
## @param Title:title=Title|type=string|required=true
## @param URL:title=URL|type=string|required=true
<a href="$paramURL">
<button class="aui-button">
$paramTitle
</button>
</a>

You can put in Create from template as title and the URL to the new page.  

Anna Knutsen October 9, 2019

Thanks @Fabienne Gerhard  for your answer! I would like to have button though, where first a specific template is opened. After the user has filled the template and has saved it as a new page I would like the button to become a link to the new page.

So it shall basically be like the "create from template"-macro, but instead of always opening the template when you click on it, it shall open the newly created page, when the template was used...

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Hi @Anna Knutsen

where do you want to put this button at? Because when you put it on your template it would just lead to the page just created (a loop ;) )

Better would be using macro 'Children Display' on main page with create from template macro button

Everytime you create a new page the new link is shown in Children display macro.

Anna Knutsen October 9, 2019

@Fabienne Gerhard I would like to put the button in a table on a parent page where users shall create new content and link a child page. This child page shall be created with a certain template (that's why I came up with the "create from template"-button). After the user has created it, the "create from template"-button shall be replaced by the link of this new page. Just this one child shall be linked, not all of the Children of the page. That's why I think the "Children Display"-makro won't be useful here, will it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events