Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create from template button replaced by page created link

Gianni Pucciani August 28, 2017

Hello,

Is it possible to automatically replace a "Create from template" button with the link of the created page once the page is created?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards,

Gianni

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2017

This isn't possible with the out of the box macros.

You could use the Children Display macro to show the page exists, once they have created it (assuming they don't move the new page).

Can you explain more about the actual use case?

Gianni Pucciani September 9, 2017

Hi James,

The use case is quite simple. I have a table where each row is a business requirement, with ID, Owner and Description. The fourth column would be a button to create a Requirement page from a template, to describe the requirement in more detail.

Once the page is created I'd like to replace the button with the created page.

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2017

Ok, so a bit like the Undefined Page Links functionality?

If you are on premise, you could try the Linking Plugin, but like an undefined page link I think each row's link would need to be pre-defined to create the link relationship.

You might be able to do something with either the Reporting add-on (on premise only) or even the Page Properties macros (not as neat, but would work on cloud), but they would require spliting the requirement table rows into pages.

Otherwise you'll need something custom.

Gianni Pucciani September 11, 2017

Thanks for your input James!

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

The projectdoc Toolbox, commercial plugin for Confluence Server, provides a macro for this use case: Create One Document Macro

example.png

The macro is part of a toolbox that provides solutions for transclusions and dynamic linking. So it is not a confined solution you which you might be looking for?

Biased alert: Note that I am one of the authors of this add-on.

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2017

Great suggestion Robert - don't worry about being biased!

Gianni Pucciani September 11, 2017

I agree with James, thanks ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events