Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create from template button not working

Abhishek February 5, 2020

We created a meeting template in one of our space.

We added a button using "Create from template" macro that creates a page from our meeting template.

But everytime any user clicks on the button a dialogue shows up, but nothing happens.

Even from the left sidebar, when we select the template it does nothing, when we hit Create.

We are on the cloud version of Atlassian/Confluence.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2020

Hello Abhishek,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

I believe you might have been running into this issue:

• CONFCLOUD-69212 Cannot create a page using custom page templates for space

There was an issue where you wouldn't be able to use custom page templates with the Create from Template macro. This issue has been resolved as of last week.

Can you tell me if you are still encountering this issue today?

Regards,

Shannon

Samuel Huntley November 12, 2021

Hello Shannon/Atlassian Team, I've run into a similar issue as well:

Cause

org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Invalid arg #4 in directive #tag/pages/createpage-entervariables.vm[line 24, column 21]
    at org.apache.velocity.Template.process(Template.java:141)

Sarah Kladstrup January 18, 2022

We are also having this problem, but we're using Confluence Server: "org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Invalid arg #4 in directive #tag/pages/createpage-entervariables.vm[line 24, column 21]"

Claire Ang April 1, 2022

I have same issue as well

Simon Ohnesorg April 11, 2022

I am struggling as well, the dropdown menu for the template name is not populated.

Are there special settings needed for those?

scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Anyone figured out what is causing this (we're getting it when we add a variable to the template):
@Shannon S 

Cause

org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Invalid arg #4 in directive #tag/pages/createpage-entervariables.vm[line 23, column 21]
    at org.apache.velocity.Template.process(Template.java:141)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events