Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create another Meeting index

Deleted user January 29, 2020

Hi Support,

Just need your guidance how I can create another meeting index. What I need to accomplish is to organize the meetings via month or week

January Meetings (Index)

Meeting 1

Meeting 2 

Meeting 3

February Meetings (Index)

Meeting 4

Meeting 5

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hello there, @[deleted] !

Reading your page, I believe what you want to accomplish is to create a page structure that is divided by month.

Manually, we can achieve this by doing as follows:

1. Create  Year page (2020, for example)
  2. Publish this page
  3. Create month page (January, for example)                    
  4. Insert the Create From Template macromeetingNotesButton.jpg
  5. Enter the macro settings and set a name for the button that will be displayed in your page                                                     createFromTemplateMacroSettings.jpg
  6. Under the macro settings, select the desired template (in this case, it looks like we want the Meeting Notes one)
  7. Under macro settings still, define the logic behind the page name (I used @currentDate to use the current date as page name)
  8. Save the macro settings
  9. Publish the page

Users will now be able to click the button to create a meeting notes page. When they use the button inside the month page, their new meeting notes will be created as a child page of that month.

For example, if you click the create from template button under the page for January, your meeting notes will be placed under January.

Here is some documentation on both the Meeting notes template and the create from template macro:

However, if your meeting pages already exist you will need to manually move them to the according month/year page.

There is a solution that might be faster if that is your case. We will need to use the Content Report Table Macro and Labels. Here is how:

1. Create  Year page (2020, for example)
  2. Publish this page
  3. Create month page (January, for example)
  4. Insert the Content Report Table Macro   contentReportTablePage.jpg
  5. Under the Macro settings, define what is the label that the macro should look for (I used meeting-notes, January and 2020 as labels for this example)    contentReportTableSettings.jpg
  6. Under the macro setting still, set how many pages can be shown at the same time
  7. Save the macro settings
  8. Publish the page

Now, for pages to display under the correct month, you will need to make sure that meeting notes pages use the correct labels. If one of the defined labels is missing, the page will not be displayed there. A meeting from January should use the label assigned to meetings from January, for example. If you have a meeting history that spans across multiple years, you will need to create labels to help define exactly from which date that meeting is from.

Here is our documentation on the Content Report Table Macro and Labels:

I hope this answer serves as guidance for you! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events