Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an index (or list or table) of select Confluence pages.

Ronald Graff March 10, 2017

I have created a number (~300) of pages (call them A-pages) using custom template.  The custom template has  several (~20) fields that are user enterable.

• I want to create a page (call it a B-page) that lists all of the A-pages that meet certain criteria.   (This list is like a SharePoint list.  It is somewhat like an index page)
  • The criteria could be a tag, or one of the user enterable fields.
  • The B-page could be a table where each row of the table corresponds to one A-page, and each column represents a field (one of the user enterable ones) on the A-page
  • I need the ability to sort all of the rows in the table based on the content of one of the fields.
  • It is desirable to export this table to a spreadsheet but I don't think it is doable.

I found the following links that talk about this, but I don’t fully understand them.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/195720/

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/232924/sharepoint-vs-confluence-ability-to-create-lists

Is this type of function built in to Confluence?  Or does it require an application (or macro) to do?

Thanks

Ron

1 answer

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2017

I do this using the Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros. These can be added to a template so that the data entered is reportable. The drawback is that the table can only be two columns vertical.

In a different case, I do this by putting a table in the Excerpt macro and label the pages. Then I can use the Content by Label macro with the Excerpt Display option. The drawback is that each table is separated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events