Create a new Status Report using information from last week's status report information as a guide

Jerri Knipstein March 4, 2019

Hi - I am doing some proof-of-concept testing on status reporting using Confluence (I am a newbie).  I have created a new page template for a project status report in Confluence 6.14.1.  In the status report page, I have added a "create from template" macro button to allow the user to create a new status report each week.  This is nice, however, each time a new form is generated, it is blank and the PM has to re-enter all the information into the template each week.  The PM's would like to be able to use last week's status report as a base for making their new updates. 

As another option, I have created a space page with the new status report format.  This option allows the PM to view the last update made to the report and they can then modify the page with the new update details.  Once the page is saved, the PM can export the report to pdf or word and using drag/drop they can put it into their project documents in case they need a copy.  

Option 2 seems like it would work, but I was wondering whether anyone might have other ideas on an easier way to do this or if there is a plugin available?  Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.  

1 answer

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

Hi Jerri,

There's not a native way in Confluence to pull in data like this from the most recent page. However, if you'd like to use the last page as a starting point for the next page, it might be easiest to set up a process where you just copy the last page and update it with the current information.

– Zak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events