Create a list of specific attachments from other spaces

Rene Schade January 24, 2020

Hi,

We have a project space for all of our projects. In every space we have an attachment like "ProjectPlan.xlsx". 

In another space I would like to create a list of all the "ProjectPlan.xlsx" attachments, for easy overview of the project plans. 

My first idea was to use the "Search Results" macro, and then maybe search for attachments containing the title "ProjecPlan". The problem with this macro is that I cannot control the output (I only want to see the name and changed date). On top of this I also find results for "oldProjectPlan" etc.

My second idea was to use the ServiceRocket Reporting plugin. Its really nice for doing searches of all kind of content and I fully control the output format. I can search for "ProjectPlan" but I still get all kind of wrong answers like "oldProjectPlan" or similar. 

I considered labelling the projectplan, and then search for label (attachments labelled with "projectplan"). This is actually pretty smooth. But, now I need to be sure that the project manager, who makes changes or copies the project plan, always would remember to label the correct project plan attachment. 

So, I would like get som other ideas and approaches for a hopefully more stable solution.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Hua Soon SIM _Akeles_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 19, 2020

Hi Rene,

You can use the CQL Search Table Macro. It will display the results in a table which you can configure which parameters to be be displayed.

Refer to https://akeles.jira.com/wiki/spaces/CQL/pages/979238913/Release+Notes+for+Canned+Search+for+Confluence+1.3.0 for an example.

If you have any feedback for improvement, we will appreciate that :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events