Create a link with the name of the current page included

ericq de beer November 6, 2015

I want to create a template with a set of links to sub pages. The sub pages must have the name of the page created with the template.This will be something like this
The page pagexyz is created with the template

pagexyz
pagexyz\pagexyz - clients
pagexyz\pagexyz - software
pagexyz\pagexyz - providers
pagexyz\pagexyz - etc

I tried to do this with user macros the macro is displayed as text.

[link]
as 
[link]
or
[$content.getTitle() - software]
as
[pagexyz - clients]

2 answers

0 votes
ericq de beer November 7, 2015

I got what i want now. First i created this User Macro:

## @param Name:title=Name|type=string|required=true|desc=Page name

<ac:link>
    <ri:page ri:content-title="$content.getTitle() - $paramName"/>
    <ac:plain-text-link-body><![CDATA[$content.getTitle() - $paramName]]></ac:plain-text-link-body>
  </ac:link>

This did what i first intended. This i realized i also want the pages to be created with a specific template. So i found the Servicerocket Linking plug-in. I use this with the Servicerocket Suppliers plug-in for the prefix page name content.

I use the link-page macro of the linking plugin. This creates a link that checks if a page is available or not. If not it can create a page with a template specified.

Eureka!

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2015

Would the children macro work for you? Another thought would be to label the subpages that you would like to appear and use the content by label macro. If you have 5.8 then the content by label macro also allows you to define an ancestor so you could limit it to a certain branch.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events