Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create a jira issue from Confuence with custom form

Hi everybody!

I need to know is it possible to create a macros for JIRA issue creation from confluence.

Build-in macros is good, but I need to create a lot of issues and I do not want to select the same project and issue type every time.

Minor feaure I need:

define a project and an issue type. The only input - summory and description.

Major:

I want to set custom fields vakues.

If coding is too hard, advice any plugins.

Best regards,

Vasiliy

3 answers

1 accepted

It is a standard functionality in Confluence. If it is connected to your JIRA instance, you can double click on any text, in the 'view' mode, and you will see a small popup to create a JIRA issue from it. Will that work?

See #1 at http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/12/5-ways-work-jira-issues-confluence/.

It seems to be exactly what I need, but I can not reproduce this. I still have simple dialog with project, issue type, summary and description options only. 

We use Confluence 5.4.9.

If you make the fields mandatory in your JIRA project, those fields will appear in the dialog. Certian custom fields might not be supported but you will see an appropriate message!

Like Eomer likes this

It works, thanks you.

More one question question, is it possible to select assignee? This is a mandatory field, but I do not see it.

I don't think that is possible. Never tried it to be honest. We use automatic assignment using workflow to assign the ticket to project lead or component lead.

We just released Viable Issues for server versions. The app adds the functionality to create Jira issues from an AUI button in Confluence.

Reference to our Marketplace documentation.

Regards,

Alex (HAGEN Management GmbH)

This can be done using the Run macro (form) combined with the CLI Macro (to create the JIRA issue).

Reference: How to provide a dialog to create JIRA issues

francis Marketplace Partner Mar 08, 2017

Hi Bob,

That's interesting - do you have an example of such setup ?

Francis 

I added a reference in the answer. Thanks for asking for that.

Deleted user May 10, 2018

Is there a way that I can fix the project name list and issue type list so the user can't pick from anything  other than what I've limited them to?

Like # people like this

Good question Jay Keck. +1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Presenter Mode for Confluence is here 🖥 👩‍💻

👋  Hello Community!  My name is Stephanie Zhang, and I’m a product manager on the Confluence cloud team. Today, I’m excited to announce the rollout of  Presenter Mode : a ...

1,316 views 14 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you