Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a dynamic jira issue template on confluence

Brad April 9, 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to create a dynamic jira issue template which would be similar to the log template.  

I have used Jira issue macro to create the template (T1). Now when I try to create a page using the template T1, I notice that the page displays the user input as text box. 

My expectation is to popup a small window which would let the user to select the project, JQL etc as in Log template

Since we are already using log template for other scenario, I will not able to use the same.

Appreciate any help with it . Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Brad,

Can you help us to understand exactly what you're looking to do? Are you developing an add-on for Confluence to create this template?

Regards,

Shannon

Brad April 18, 2018

Ok, Let me rephrase my question, My expectation is to create a template(blue print) using which the user can create pages in confluence. My expected user experience is as follows

1. User selects the template T1 and clicks on create page

2. the user is displayed with a pop up window asking to select the project

3. the user selects the project from the dropdown which is prepopulated with the existing projects in Jira

4. the selected project name is used in the JQL and the required result is displayed

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you

Brad April 18, 2018

Also I am using the Atlassian Cloud

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2018

Hi Brad,

The difference between Templates and Blueprints is that a Template is simply a template of the page that you can click create and then fill in the missing parts.

For Blueprints, it's required that you actually develop it, much like an add-on:

I haven't done any developing myself so I don't know how you would create the pop-up window, but my recommendation is to review that document and reach out to the Developer Community if you're having any issues. A pop-up would definitely require some sort of scripting language so they might be better able to help you there.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events