Create Risk and Actions Log in the same design as he decision log

paul.armsby January 31, 2020

Hi All 

I was looking at ways to create a Risk or Actions log in the same way the decision log works. ive tried to copy (duplicate) the decision log and even build from blank but am unable to replicate. Im not wanting to 'purchase' any addons

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Paul

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2020

Welcome to the community @paul.armsby !

You may be able to accomplish this by using the page properties macro and page properties report.

For example, if you look inside the Decisions template you see this table at the top

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 10.32.42 AM.png

That table is inside of the page properties macro like below. You can name it or hide it from end users.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 10.36.18 AM.png

Once you have a template or page set up with the information you want to display, you can surface that on a log page by using the page properties report macro. However, you would specify your custom label and columns.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 10.39.40 AM.png

In this case you can see "log" page is just a display of the page properties report macro.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 10.39.45 AM.png

This same concept is used for the meetings or retrospective templates so believe it could work for your use case. 

I answered a similar question that details more steps here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-have-two-separate-Retrospective-Index-pages-or-tables/qaq-p/1270850

Let me know if you have any questions and very curious to see if this works for you!

paul.armsby February 3, 2020

Hi 

Thank you for your reply, is it possible to provide me a little more help and guide me to where i need to go.

Thanks

Paul

Margus _SoftComply_ February 8, 2020

Hi @paul.armsby !

Well the general idea is that you have some sort of meta information (that is similar everywhere) on every page and THEN gather it onto a repost somewhere. This is what decision log, meeting minutes, etc blueprints are doing.

First you need to add this "Page properties" (PP) macro to every page. Thus for your risk logs you should create template and "page properties" should be part of it. Inside PP macro you create 2 column table - so theres key-value pairs. Those key value pairs you can fetch to the report. NB! labels on confluence page plays a role here. It will need a label to group those similar pages for your report.

Second part of it is "Page Properties Report" macro. That is kind of a summary page where this macro pulls it all together into the report. There you just define labes and refine columns you wish to see. 

My suggestion is to look at different blueprints and you'll see how it works. All out of the box blueprints (decions, meeting notes, product requirements) are creating 2 pages (if you create page from template for the first time) one for the summary and one for the single event. Hope its good enough to move on ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events