Create Pages without adding to the navigation

ahmet.dingil January 20, 2020

Hi folks,

i´d like to add a bunch of pages but without create a navigation link in the left sidebar where the site structure is shown.

Did anynone know a psibble way to do this?

Thanks for support...

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

Hi @ahmet.dingil

what is your goal? Because there's only one way to hide pages from plain side without using restrictions. Create a page and move it to the "root" of the space in the Content tools. This means it is not underneath the space homepage but next to it so it has no parent page. This pages are called "orphaned pages". It won't be displayed in the page tree unless you are on that specific page, read about it here.

Best, Max

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

No, the side navigation is there to expose pages.

If you restrict a page though, it will not appear in the tree for people who can't see it.

1 vote
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

@ahmet.dingil 

You have options, but all options will require extra steps.

• Restricting the pages per @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- is the simplest option. You will need restriction access in the space.
  • @Max Foerster - K15t 's option of taking the pages to root by reordering pages is a work around which requires space admin permissions.
  • To throw my chip into the bowl, you can also create these pages in your personal space, and then move them to the target space when ready.

Cheers!

0 votes
ahmet.dingil January 22, 2020

For you information:

The solution with orphaned pages are pretty, but it was for my goal important to combined with the navigation display option. I set the display option to "child pages" and i set a other hompage for my area. Now it´s shown well.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards

0 votes
ahmet.dingil January 21, 2020
  • Restricting is not a option, because a lot of people must work with the pages.
  • Orphaned pages are an interesting option, i will test with them. Thanks for this tip at this point.

My goal

I´d like to create project template pages, but we have a lot of projects, so the displayed navigation are not useful. its to overloaded. I search a smarter way, to display all the projects.

Actualy is the navigation like this:

• Projects
    • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consetetur sadipscing elitr
    • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consetetur sadipscing elitr
    • Lorem ipsum 
    • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
    • etc.

The sidebar navigation is not created ore better it is not useful with long page names. The users are not able to use short page names. Some other colleagues use numbers, but this is from my point not useful too. Nobody understand the project goals ore the project describtion with numbers.

Maybe there is a way to short always the page names?

Thanks for you support!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events