Create Page Confluence REST API

Jeet G April 5, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to use the confluence REST Api for server.

I want to create a new page before populating it with some content. I managed to get get an existing page and edit it.

This functionality will be a part of a jira-plugin later on.

Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

Hi Jeet - since this is development related, you might want to try asking this over at: https://community.developer.atlassian.com as well (if you haven't already).

There's a lot of helpful and experienced people over there. You might well get a quicker responses in there than on here.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017
Like Carike Blignaut-Staden likes this
2 votes
Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2017

You should be able to POST a new page by sending a POST command to:

<Confluence Base URL>/rest/api/content/

with the following JSON in the body:

{
  "type":"page",
  "title":"My Test Page",
  "space":{"key":"TST"},
  "body":{
    "storage":{
      "value":"<p>This is a new page</p>",
      "representation":"storage"
    }
  }
}

This was retrieved from the documentation:

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-server-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples#ConfluenceRESTAPIExamples-Manipulatingcontent

Jeet G April 5, 2017

Thanks for the response.

When I run the post command on my localhost this is the response:

HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed [Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1, Allow: HEAD,DELETE,GET,OPTIONS,PUT, X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff, Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8, Content-Language: en, Content-Length: 1056, Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 19:40:18 GMT]

However in the Confluence Server API the create page method is a POST method. 

For reference: https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/REST/latest-server/#content-createContent

Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2017

Show your exact command and payload.

Orlando_Kelly April 17, 2017

You need to set you authentication header to basic and send your username / password

Like william_larson1 likes this
Anirudh G Polawar July 30, 2020

Yeah can you give the example like any HTTP request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events