Create Numbered lists in a table column

Veronica Baker April 28, 2014

How do you create numbered lists in a table column that automatically update if you add or remove a row?

3 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Advanced Tables for Confluence has the Table Plus Macro which supports an autoNumber parameter that addes a column to the front of the table. Autonumbering Rows and Auto-totalling Numeric Columns is an example.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

I think you might have to use javascript to do it for you automatically.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2014

Here is a user macro that I think works for what you are trying to do. Once you have created the user macro then wrap your tables with the table_autonumber macro and it will autonumber all the table rows that are not heading rows.

Macro Name:
table_autonumber

Macro Title:
Table Autonumber

Macro Body Processing:
Rendered

Template:
## Developed by: Davin Studer
## Date created: 04/30/2014
## @noparams

#set( $id = $action.dateFormatter.calendar.timeInMillis )
<div id="$id">$body</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$('#$id table').each(function(){
var count = 1;

AJS.$('tr', this).each(function(){
if(AJS.$('th',this).length != 0) {
AJS.$(this).prepend('<th class="confluenceTh"> </th>');
} else {
AJS.$(this).prepend('<td class="confluenceTd">' + count + '</td>');
count++;
}
});
});
});
</script>

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2014

When in a table cell, start typing with a # then space and you have a numbered list.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2014

You have to type a space after the # for Confluence to start a list, but I don't think this will number the rows like she would like.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2014

Yes, thanks for the correction. I guess it was not clear to me what she intended. I will provide a different answer if that is what she intended. I was thrown off by the term numbered lists. In any case, both meanings are covered by answers :).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events