Create Jira issue from Confluence- Component stops issue from being sent

Samantha Andrade February 8, 2021

Hello, 

I have created a form in Confluence that creates a Jira issue. I am trying to include coding for 'components' to assign specific individuals within JIRA. However, when I include the code, the issue is no longer sent.

FYI- The field that assigns components in JIRA is a drop-down menu.

This is the code without 'components' (within IFFTT integration rules Macro):

{
   "fields": {
      "project":
      { 
         "key": "CPDG"
      },
      "summary"           : "[entry.fldproject.escapeJSON]",
	  "description"       : "Project Description:[entry.fldproject.escapeJSON]\nClarity ID:[entry.ParentProject]\nParent Project ID:[entry.ParentID]\nStart Date:[entry.StartDate]\nFinish Date:[entry.finishdate]\nPDG:[entry.PDG]\nPDG1:[entry.PDG1]\nLocation: [entry.Location]\nPhase: [entry.ProjectPhase]\nProject Goal[entry.ProjectGoal]\n\n",
	  "issuetype"         : {  "name": "Request" },
      "priority"          : { "id": "5" }, 
  }
}

and this is the code with components:

{
   "fields": {
      "project":
      { 
         "key": "CPDG"
      },
      "summary"           : "[entry.fldproject.escapeJSON]",
	  "components"		  : "[entry.PDG1]",
	  "description"       : "Project Description:[entry.fldproject.escapeJSON]\nClarity ID:[entry.ParentProject]\nParent Project ID:[entry.ParentID]\nStart Date:[entry.StartDate]\nFinish Date:[entry.finishdate]\nPDG:[entry.PDG]\nPDG1:[entry.PDG1]\nLocation: [entry.Location]\nPhase: [entry.ProjectPhase]\nProject Goal[entry.ProjectGoal]\n\n",
	  "issuetype"         : {  "name": "Request" },
      "priority"          : { "id": "5" }, 
  }
}

Is there something i am not doing correctly? Why does the ticket not get submitted to JIRA when I add 'components' to the code?

Thank you!

Sam

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hi

The format that components field expects is an array of name/value pairs - see for example this answer https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Set-Component-field-through-REST-API/qaq-p/542960 

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events