Create JIRA Issues from Confluence when Field is required

Robin Peters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

Hey,

I can't use the new functionality of the interaction between JIRA and confluence to create issues "on the fly" with marking text. My Project has required fields that I can't full in this mask.
If I chosse the JIRA Macro, this required field appears. Can I modify the "fast issue create"-dialog and add there the required fields?

Cheers,
Robin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2014

Hi Robin,

I believe this is not possible. I could find this other answer which has the same requirement.

This feature request is already in place: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32906

I recommend to vote, watch and share with other employees to increase the chance of being implemented in the future.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2014

Hi Robin,

this issue has been fixed into Confluence 5.4.4 Please, take a look here for more infomation https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23424

What Atlalsian did, was to add a link to Jira creation panel if some required field have been defined for the issue type that you're trying to create from COnfluence.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Robin Peters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

Thanks for your response. Will this effect the new "fast creation" too?
If you mark a text and hoover above, you will get a small tooltip where you can comment or create an issue. And in this dialog, I have to add all necessary fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events