Create Confluence users programmatically

ArtemT August 14, 2014

Hi.

Is it possible to create users programmatically in Confluence?

6 answers

1 accepted

ArtemT August 19, 2014

Hi.

Now i have another problem.

When i try to create a new user in the way described by Marcin, i get exception: bucket.user.LicensingException: You are not licensed to add any more users to this installation of Confluence. Please contact sales@atlassian.com.

Here's my code:

ConfluenceUserImpl u = new ConfluenceUserImpl("John", "John", "john@john.com");

try{
userAccessor.createUser(u, Credential.unencrypted("123123"));
} catch (Exception e) {
String s = e.getMessage();
return ERROR;
}

Any ideas how to avoid this error?

Marcin Urbański August 19, 2014

Do you use Test license for plugin developers?

ArtemT August 19, 2014

I use regular Atlassian SDK downloaded from the official website, so i think i have the test license. Or i need to install the license manually? Another question: When i create a new user do i need to be logged in as a admin necessarily?

Sorry for stupid questions i'm novice in atlassian development )

With test licese your server is limited to only 5 users

I am not sure but rather you don't have to be logged as admin. I'll have to check it

ArtemT August 19, 2014

Yes, unfortunately if i try to add or remove users via UserAccessor i need to be logged in as an administrator... Are there any ways to avoid this restriction?

ArtemT August 19, 2014

Actually there's a possibility to create a user, but there's no possibility to remove. Also there's no possibility to add users to groups.

Stefan Baader July 12, 2018

I have a similar issue with the method "UserAccessor.addMembership(Group, User)" called inside a user macro. My intention is to deliver a delegated maintenance for some group (adding members to that group).

When I am logged in as administrator I can run the user macro in a page. When I log in as a default user I get an Error message.

0 votes

So with test license your server is limited to use only 5 users.

0 votes
ArtemT August 19, 2014

Hi.

Now i have another problem.

When i try to create a new user in the way described by Marcin, i get exception: bucket.user.LicensingException: You are not licensed to add any more users to this installation of Confluence. Please contact sales@atlassian.com.

Here's my code:

ConfluenceUserImpl u = new ConfluenceUserImpl("John", "John", "john@john.com");

try{
userAccessor.createUser(u, Credential.unencrypted("123123"));
} catch (Exception e) {
String s = e.getMessage();
return ERROR;
}

Any ideas how to avoid this error?

0 votes
ArtemT August 18, 2014

Thanks all for help!

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014
0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Yes.

General API Documentation
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+XML-RPC+and+SOAP+APIs

User Management Methods for the SOAP API
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Remote+Confluence+Methods#RemoteConfluenceMethods-UserManagement

The REST API is now going to be the officially support API going forward so you should get the REST API Browser to be able to see what methods are available. Unfortunately the REST API documentation is pretty slim.

ArtemT August 19, 2014

Hi.

Looks like REST API doesnt provide ability to add users like JIRA REST API does. Is it true?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events