Unfortunately the server that is running our confluence system has crashed (never trust a RAID5). Files seems to be ok but I need to reinstall confluence and to recover (if possible) tha data. Few questions:
1. where I can find in file the version of confluence we are using (originally we installed 3.5.9, I am pretty sure we upgraded to 4.0.4 but I would like to prove it)?
2. the /opt/atlassian directory holds all data or there are other files I should recover?
3. what is the more appropriate procedure to recover data from files?
1) If you have access to a backup of the server, it should be in the /decorators/includes/footer-content.vm file (for 4.x).
2) The following directories contain data that we typically back up:
3) We do nightly backups of the confluence database. We have recovered by restoring the database itself on a clean Confluence install. There are a few things about our implementation that are not stored in the database itself, so they must be backed up/restored separately. These include, but are not limited to:
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team! July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures — and as an extension of our first post on what ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs