Crash recovery

Massimo Bertozzi June 25, 2012

Unfortunately the server that is running our confluence system has crashed (never trust a RAID5). Files seems to be ok but I need to reinstall confluence and to recover (if possible) tha data. Few questions:

1. where I can find in file the version of confluence we are using (originally we installed 3.5.9, I am pretty sure we upgraded to 4.0.4 but I would like to prove it)?
2. the /opt/atlassian directory holds all data or there are other files I should recover?
3. what is the more appropriate procedure to recover data from files?

Thanks,
Massimo

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

1) If you have access to a backup of the server, it should be in the /decorators/includes/footer-content.vm file (for 4.x).

2) The following directories contain data that we typically back up:

• confluence/data/attachments/*
  • confluence/data (this is the "home" directory)
  • plus other directories that contain images and custom code (see #3)
  • confluence/conf -- configuration of tomcat
  • confluence/WEB-INF -- configuration of the confluence web application

3) We do nightly backups of the confluence database. We have recovered by restoring the database itself on a clean Confluence install. There are a few things about our implementation that are not stored in the database itself, so they must be backed up/restored separately. These include, but are not limited to:

• - Custom CSS files
  • - Custom VMD files
  • - Images (that are not attached, such as images used by macros and plugins, and images used in HTML landing pages)
  • - Some tweaking of the plugins might be required (for example, after a clean install, you might need to reenable the HTML plugin or reinstall third-part plugins)
  • custom favicons and breadcrumb images
  • web.xml and urlrewrite.xml files

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events