Cover pages headers, footers in Confluence export to PDF/Word

jimmo42 January 10, 2019

We are running Confluence 6.8.3 and, among other things, we need to export entire trees to PDF/Word that we send to customers. Because of various contractual requirements, these documents need to contain a coversheet with things like the customer name, date of the export, confidentiality classification, and so forth. Some things, including the confidentiality classification need to appear on every page in the footer. What the confidentiality classification is differs from customer to customer as they determine the terminology. For example, one has "Confidential" another "Internal Use Only" another "Not for External Distribution", and so forth. Is this possible. If so, how?

One thing I was thinking about, was a template for each customer or at least one form of the terminology. That is a template for "Confidential" another "Internal Use Only", etc. I would then include the necessary standard information in that template. However, I cannot figure out a way to prevent users from changing this. I see that it is possible to define headers and footer for each space inclduing the PDF export, but we are not sure if we want to create a space for each customer (about 40). However, it does seem that the simplest thing would be a space perr customer.

I am relatively new to confluence so I would appreaciate a shove in the right direction.

1 answer

0 votes
roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2019

Hi @jimmo42,

some of your requirements are possible to achieve with the native PDF Exporter in Confluence. However, I would suggest to try out a third-party app we develop — Scroll PDF Exporter.

With Scroll PDF Exporter you can:

• create templates usual visual template designer
  • custom footer and header
  • additional custom pages in PDF (legal page, contact info, confidential note)
  • global and space templates (global templates can only be modified by global administrators)

It is not possible with this app to determine the group a user is from and then deciding on the template to choose. But it is possible to created multiple templates that would use different vocabulary. A user would need to choose the template when exporting.

There is a 10 minute video that covers main features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ye_Kt537o.

Hope this helps.

Roman.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events